Chef Seun’s Recipe for Carrot Soup is a Hit!
If you were amazed by Chef Seun’s handcrafted pasta, you will be impressed to know that his expertise extends to delicious soup delicacies. Chef Seun is a student at Culinary Academy, Ikoyi and the founder of Sean’s Fresh Pasta; a bespoke brand of homemade pasta. This colorful, carrot soup is gourmet at our fingertips. Chef Seun whipped up this recipe and it is a joy to share this recipe. Grab a tv show, spoil yourself with this meal and enjoy yourself. Good food does not need to break the bank.
Chef Seun's Carrot Soup
Credit: Chef Seun on thevillagepot.com
- 5 big carrots (sliced thinly)
- 3 medium size onions (chopped)
- 1 Ginger (finely chopped)
- 6 cloves of local garlic (minced)
- cubed red and green bell peppers
- salt (as needed)
- white pepper (as needed)
- Ground cumin (1/2 Tbsp)
- On medium heat, coat the bottom of the sauce pot with vegetable oil.
- Sauté onions and ginger till tender.
- Add garlic and sauté for one minute.
- Add carrots and sautee till color begins to change.
- Season with cumin, salt and White pepper.
- Add hot water 2cm above the sautéed carrot.
- Bring to a boil and simmer to till carrot is tender.
- Transfer to a high speed blender and blend on high speed till smooth (90 secs).
- Transfer back to the sauce pot, on medium heat and allow to reduce till thick.
- Season to taste.
- Serve warm.
- Garnish with bell peppers.