Healthy and Filling Oatmeal for Breakfast.
Healthy oatmeal is our recipe for today! How do you eat your oatmeal? A lot of times we leave it super basic with just milk or just hot water and then add sugar/sweeteners. Oatmeal is a very nutritious food that makes a great breakfast, dinner or even filling snack and keeps you feeling full for long periods.
However, it even keeps you full for longer periods when you add fruits to the mix! With these fruits you also don’t even need sugar or honey because they are all high in natural sweeteners. Below is how I eat mine for breakfast and it doesn’t take a lot of time/ energy to prepare. Feel free to substitute the almond milk for dairy milk and the instant oats for steel cut or traditional.
Healthy and Filling Oatmeal for Breakfast
- 1 cup of oats
- 1/2 cup of blueberries
- 1 banana
- 1.5 cups of Almond Milk
- 3/4 apple (Red or green)
- 6 strawberries
- Depending on the type of oatmeal you’re using, preparation time will vary
- For instant oats, pour 1.5 cups of milk (or 1.5 times the amount of oats you’re using) over oats and microwave for 2 minutes
- Rinse all fruits
- Dice the Apple
- Slice the banana
- Remove strawberry stem (peduncle) and cut into four parts
- Mix all fruits and oats together with spoon
- As mentioned earlier, no need for sugar, honey or any sweetener